Reference # 10785
Position Title: Accounting Manager
Location: Dallas, TX (local candidates only, no relocation assistance is provided)
Recruiter: Bob Alberson
Our client, is seeking an Accounting Manager to manage a staff of 10 and who will be responsible for:
Responsibilities & Duties
Manages and oversees the daily operations of the accounting department including:
- Accounts payable/cash disbursements;
- Accounts receivable/billing/cash receipts;
- Payroll (in‐house); and Management reports.
Hands‐on responsibilities include:
- General ledger/journal entries/reconciliation with supporting ledgers and schedules;
- Month and year‐end closing, including related financial statements;
- Preparation of in‐house payroll/payroll tax deposits/payroll tax returns;
- Daily treasury activities;
- Fixed asset‐related accounting and reconciliation;
- Debt‐related activities (draws/payments) and the related accounting;
- Monthly bank account reconciliations;
- Research and resolve issues related to accounting records in accordance with company policies and procedures;
- Preparation and filing of year‐end Forms W‐2 and 1099;
- Maintaining files to support and document the department’s activities; and
- Other responsibilities/projects/reports as required/needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance highly preferred.
- Five to seven years prior supervisory experience in general ledger account.
- Experience with IBM AS/400 and TMW’s Innovative IES software highly preferred.
- Experience working in a transportation services environment preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience with U.S. GAAP required.
- Must thrive in a fast pace setting, be able to multi‐task, work under pressure, and meet required deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook required.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality required.
- Must be a team player, have strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as interpersonal, supervisory, and customer service skills.
- Well‐developed analytical and problem‐solving skills are required.
To apply for this position please send your resume with the position number in the subject line to Bob Alberson at firstname.lastname@example.org.