Reference # 10620
Position Title: Senior Director of Operations
Recruiter: Neal Click
Our client is seeking an experienced Operating Executive to develop and lead strategic and tactical company initiatives. This individual will lead in carrying out the mission to provide superior transportation solutions to their customers in the safest, most professional and efficient manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the day-to day business of multiple terminal operations.
- Plan, develop, and implement a strategy for meeting organizational performance plans company-wide.
- Evaluate operational needs, identify deficiencies, develop improvement plans, and supervise execution.
- Develop the Operations team to support key objectives, drive high levels of accountability, ensure strong performance management, skills development, and succession planning.
- Define P&L Objectives and monitor, report and budget accordingly.
- Monitor and improve productivity, utilization, labor costs, and resource planning throughout the company.
- Maximize operational efficiencies using defined metrics to continuously improve operational performance and to meet and exceed customer standards.
- Build and maintain strong customer relationships by listening and understanding their needs to meet product and service integrity and timeliness objectives.
- Participate in executive level strategy meetings to operationally facilitate company growth.
- Ensure satisfaction through regular communication and execution of both internal and external KPIs.
- Ensure compliance to company safety policies and DOT compliance and regulatory issues within scope of service.
- Coordinate staffing and operational needs in conjunction with Human Resources Department, including hiring, firing, transfers, promotions, discipline, and identifying and resolving problems within established Company policies, processes and procedures.
- Plan, implement, monitor, evaluate and coordinate all activities to achieve the budgeted sales, pricing, and
gross margin objectives and goals established by Company.
- Conduct regular site visits to terminal locations.
- Guide Regional Directors to provide exceptional customer service—reliable, responsive, and efficient.
- Direct, coordinate, and assign work activities to Regional Directors of Operations and monitor, review and evaluate work product, methods, and procedures of those employees.
- Ensure all employees are meeting the professional and quality standards established by Company.
- Monitor compliance and site-level accountability to all safety programs, policies and procedures.
- Serve as main point of contact for operational and capacity issues.
- Identify growth opportunities and analyze and plan for new business.
- Identify and interpret industry trends and provide organizational design recommendations.
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Business Administration, Logistics or related field required.
- Ten to fifteen year’s operations management within transportation industry.
- Experience with liquid/chemical bulk strongly preferred.
- Prior P&L or Cost Center Control responsibility.
- Project Management experience with the ability to plan and manage projects and processes as well as allocate resources, monitor progress and establish budgets.
- Lead and direct the development and implementation of key strategic Supply Chain goals and plans.
- Direct report management experience required.
- Desire to coach and mentor others.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills.
- Experience supporting multiple sites/locations; ability to provide guidance and management from a remote location.
- Analytic skills with attention to detail and the ability to communicate at all levels
- Creative, innovative, and motivated mindset
- Ability to analyze and draws insights from detailed market level analysis (locations, mileage, building costs, volume, market centers, etc…); see hidden problems and trends and look beyond the obvious in identifying solutions and answers.
- Strategic and Tactical Planning including the ability to prioritize and manage a variety of strategic and tactical transportation initiatives and decision-making activities and also to direct cross-functional teams.
- Professionalism, integrity, and confidentiality.
- Proficient in Microsoft office, including Excel.
- Must be able and willing to travel 75% or more.
- Experience with TMW and PeopleNet preferred.
To apply for this position please send your resume with the position number in the subject line to Neal Click at firstname.lastname@example.org.