Reference # 10718
Position Title: Senior Human Resources Generalist
Location: Pacific Northwest (WA)
Recruiter: Bob Alberson
Our client, is seeking a Senior Human Resources Generalist
Local candidates only
DUTIES AND REPSONSIBILITIES:
• Develop and execute human resource strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization, specifically in the areas of succession planning, talent management, change management, organizational and performance management, training and development, restructure and reorganization, employee engagement, compensation, etc.
• Oversee the strategic and daily HR operations; evaluate, restructure, and implement solutions to improve time and cost efficiency.
• Enable process and workflow redesign to assist in reducing time and complexities and improve productivity across the enterprise.
• Provide HR support and ensure development and cross training of the HR team.
• Mentor staff members on company values and cultural expectations, interviewing techniques, onboarding and terminations, progressive discipline, employee relations, coaching and employee development.
• Oversee performance of current systems for employment, benefits implementation and staffing needs.
• Create and design training programs; train and develop staff and employees; facilitate training.
• Interpret, communicate, train on and maintain the company policies and procedures in accordance with current federal, state and local employment laws.
• Manage the recruiting, onboarding, employee relations and mediation, terminations of permanent and temporary members.
• Oversee and ensure completion of EEO, ADA, FLSA compliance and reporting; manage unemployment claims and attend UI hearings.
• Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirement; advising management on needed actions.
• Work with legal counsel on claims and issues. Align company policies and procedures and ensure employment law compliance at the various sites.
• In partnership with other departments, generate safety initiatives and implement standard procedures.
• Manage employee morale events; attend HR conferences and meetings with industry vendors.
• Perform such duties and assume such other responsibilities as may be required.
• Business Acumen, Ethical Practice, Relationship Management, Leadership & Navigation, HR Expertise, Diversity & Cultural Awareness, Critical Evaluation, Consultation, Communication.
• Effective process, work flow, and systems designer; implement what KPI’s to measure and track progress; sets up systems that can almost manage themselves; master at the effectiveness and efficiency of work systems; can quickly diagnose and fix a work flow problem; always looking for process improvement.
• Minimum 10 years of experience as an HR professional, including staff management, training, coaching and staff development.
• Innovative and results-oriented approach, with demonstrated ability to balance system strategy with day-to-day operations while maintaining employee advocacy and support for organizational strategy and goals.
• Experience and oversight of multi-disciplinary HR disciplines such as employee relations, staffing, reporting, HRIS, training, coaching, program and employee development etc.
• Training and development and ability to deliver training on one-on-one basis as well as public presentations.
• Analytical skills and savvy in researching employment laws, best industry practices and HR trends.
• Ability to compose, communicate and present business materials and presentations to large groups and in writing.
• Ability to remain flexible, manage constant interruptions, prioritize work and meet deadlines.
• Previous background in trucking/transportation industry.
• PHR or SPHR designation preferred but not required.
• BA / BS degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, I/O Psychology or related field.
• Regular attendance following a designated work schedule.
• Must be able to work extended hours and additional days/evenings/weekends as required by responsibilities.
• Travel to other sites may be required.
• Ability to read and comprehend varied and extensive written documents.
• Work involves sedentary to light work in an office setting. There is frequent need to sit, talk or hear, use the hands and occasionally lift light objects (up to 10 pounds) and perform other similar actions during the workday.
To apply for this position please send your resume with the position number in the subject line to Bob Alberson at email@example.com.