Reference # 11030
Position Title: Director of Operations
Recruiter: Bob Alberson
Our client, a Third-Party Logistics company and is seeking a Director of Operations.
- Build, develop, train and manage a growing team capable of carrying out needed operations strategies to achieve maximum profitability.
- Provide operational leadership and escalation for problem resolution to facilitate faster improvements and improved working relationships.
- Oversees budget to ensure compliance with organizational expenditure requirements.
- Help ensure an emphasis on continual improvement of service and management of revenue and cost control.
- Oversee Fleet Safety and direct the development and implementation of a comprehensive safety plan aimed at the reduction of preventable accidents and work-related injuries.
- Direct the development, planning, operations and administration to achieve maximum profitability and growth.
- Responsible for the continuous improvement of operational standards for account management and service expectations.
- Analyze statistical data to monitor daily, weekly, monthly and annual performance goals.
- Provide consultative support to managers on diverse issues including pay issues; interpretation of company policies and procedures; communication of regulations; and developing relationships.
- Provide oversight and administration of operational program development.
- Create, develop and maintain Playbooks, Best Practices, Standard Operating procedures for all Fleet related initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in logistics, operations management, business or related field is preferred.
- 7+ years related experience in leadership roles within the Transportation Management and / or Logistics industry
- Ability to review and measure daily productivity to increase efficiencies is required
- Organizational skills and ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Familiar with Dispatch software (i.e.: McLeod, TMW, Suites)
- Familiar with satellite system communications (e.g., Omnitracs, PeopleNet)
- Knowledge of operations and equipment maintenance is preferred
- Commitment to and knowledge of workplace safety, OSHA and DOT regulations is critical
To apply for this position please send your resume with the position number in the subject line to Bob Alberson at email@example.com