Reference # EB-1766935568
Position Title: Safety Manager
Recruiter: Bob Alberson
This position requires leadership skills to oversee and implement safety and compliance for 200 drivers over three (3) operating divisions in all areas of safety, compliance, and recruiting and reports directly to the Controller.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accident prevention.
- Hours of service and CSA compliance.
- Safety performance.
- Insurance addition/deletions and claims management.
- Ensure drivers are completing all safety training.
- Actively recruit company drivers and owner operators.
- Coordinate and review pre hire/pre contract qualifications and background checks.
- Develop and maintain truck driver and medical qualification files.
- Collaborate with manager in auditing of hours of service (driver logs).
- Conduct training for electronic log operations.
- Maintain company database to ensure accuracy of compliance related expirations.
- Ensure drivers to maintain compliance with all federal and state regulation, and adherence to company policies, procedures, and programs.
- Periodic audit of systems (i.e. random pool, online training, etc.).
- Administrative duties; such as filing, translating polices or correspondence, and preparation of training or qualification materials.
- Other special projects or duties, as assigned.
- Experience in Safety Management, 5 years (Required)
- Previous experience in the trucking industry
- Excellent organizational skills with a high level of detail
- Knowledge of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR)
- Knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT)
- Previous log auditing and training experience
- Ability to communicate in a courteous and professional manner; written and verbal
- Ability to work independently, in a fast paced environment
- Ability to speak to small groups (up to 10 people)
Prefer: Bi-lingual, Spanish/English
- Competitive pay, based on experience
- Health, dental, and vision Insurance
- Paid personal time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Loyalty bonus with years of service
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this position please send your resume with the reference number in the subject line to Bob Alberson at firstname.lastname@example.org